Raw Chocolate Macaroons- Hail Merry Knock-Off
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened preferable
- ½ cup coconut oil (scant)
- 4-5 tablespoon cocoa powder (good stuff, not cheap stuff, I really enjoy Dagoba…and they are local for me!)
- ¼ cup honey, coconut nectar, or maple syrup (or more to taste, not too much though, or you’ll mess with the texture. You could also use liquid stevia as a sweetness booster!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until well mixed, scraping down the sides as necessary. You want to make sure all ingredients are incorporated, it will be thick!
- Roll into little balls with your hands, or scoop some dough out, and plop down on a wax paper or a Silpat lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer or fridge. Store in an airtight container, in the fridge or freezer.
Healthy green drinks were served in take- home mason jars.
lots of ginger